Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nanny Ogg View Post
    Thanks for the info Colin...

I'm going to stick my nose in again, which should come as no surprise to all those that already know
    what an opinionated old baggage I am LOL

I probably don't need to say this, but I'm going to anyway... I hope when the time comes to make your decision that you would
    make your first choices from the small handful of people that have stuck by you,
    and with you, through all the years of struggling to keep this place afloat.

We all know who they are, and I think I am correct in saying that they are now mostly all Miniclip Masters anyway,
    which I believe was one of the criteria used in the past when selecting new moderators ?

Let's hope that their loyalty and perseverance through thick and thin finally pays off.

+1

Comment

Maybe me? I am so sorry for my absence, a huge amount of things going on in my life but hopefully now I can give a lot more time to the forums.
      http://www.miniclip.com/user/5323529/en/

Check out my page linked above and challenge my scores.

Comment

Problem solved.....

Welcome back m4rt1n....

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora View Post
          What kind of information would you require from the applicants? Miniclip wanted the real names and physical addresses of their mods. Not in the beginning, but later on.

Who pays for the maintenance of the forum, will any costs fall on future mods?

Who are currently the people with mod rights and have access to members' personal information? Have the inactive mods really retired in a sense that they have no mod abilities any more?

Also, like Sunid says, I don't think there's much personal information to be viewed in addition to email addresses and IP's. One could always be nosy though and see what someone else is viewing, who they are talking to, etc. That should not be a problem unless... yes, someone has grudges, like Sunid says, and would like to reveal this kind of information to annoy another person.
          Tetsumonchi At some point, could you provide us with a list of people, who currently have admin and mod rights?

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora View Post

Tetsumonchi At some point, could you provide us with a list of people, who currently have admin and mod rights?
            Myself, Dalton, m4rt1n, thedoc70 and Cheeseymonster are admins. All of us were admins or mods on the original Miniclip Forums and have thus gone trough background checks by Miniclip.

There are currently no moderators.

For forum support, drop me a PM, visitor message or post in my NSPM thread..
            You can add me on Facebook as well
            http://www.facebook.com/Tetsumonchi

Comment

Everything in moderation!

Comment

Originally posted by m4rt1n View Post
                Maybe me? I am so sorry for my absence, a huge amount of things going on in my life but hopefully now I can give a lot more time to the forums.

Of course you Martin!!!

So glad to see you back here again!

We have missed you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsumonchi View Post
                  I have cancelled this application for the position of moderator.

While I feel we could definitely use some extra hands around here to help out, we take your comments on privacy very seriously and are considering our options.

We believe we can give potential mods enough powers (deleting, locking, sticking, moving, warning, banning) do to the job expected of a forum moderator while at the same time restricting access to the Moderator Control Panel and preventing them from viewing any personal information connected with your accounts, namely IPs and email addresses.

This is not the standard way of setting up a moderator group on vBulletin and we will need to make a few tweaks, but I'm confident we can make this work and establish a team that can effectively carry out their duties, while at the same time ensuring your account details are kept 100% private.

I will consult with you as soon as tests are concluded and we know exactly what we're able to do. Applications vs invitations can be decided later on. Watch this space.
                  I understand you are in desperate need for help on here and I hope you can figure out a way to get that help and alleviate our concerns for privacy.

I hope you guys can figure out a way to accomplish this.....I have faith in you.

As for Martin returning....that would be wonderful....but he has a lot going on in his life and I am sure he could use the help in here.

Even just a couple of people in here to run the daily problem solving or question answering could help in some small way.

I wish you luck in working this out.

Comment

Originally posted by m4rt1n View Post
                    Nice to see you back Martin.

I am sure nobody here would object to you returning....I am sure everyone would approve.

It would be nice to have you around.....but I think a couple of extra people on here

to help out with the little issues would be helpful to you.

I hope things are getting better for you now and I hope to see you around a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by flutterby52212 View Post

Nice to see you back Martin.

I am sure nobody here would object to you returning....I am sure everyone would approve.

It would be nice to have you around.....but I think a couple of extra people on here

to help out with the little issues would be helpful to you.

I hope things are getting better for you now and I hope to see you around a little more.
                      Thank you, and I agree, a couple of mods would make things much easier, but as Colin says, there are privacy issues to consider.
                      http://www.miniclip.com/user/5323529/en/

Check out my page linked above and challenge my scores.

Comment

Mod rationing. Good idea.

Comment

Working...
                        X