The Miniclip Network is back!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Miniclip Network is back!

So what is/was the Miniclip Network, anyway?

In 2010, the Miniclip Channel had been running for a year or two, I believe. The details are now fuzzy since it was years ago. We had more than a few series going, which I'll get into later on in this post. We were gaining momentum. It was great. And then I screwed up. I spoke to Tetsu about creating the Miniclip Network, which would be an entire network of series within the Miniclip channel. It would open up possibilities for game shows, reality "TV," etc. The idea was to add subforums within the Miniclip Channel for these different genres, as well as a subforums for "syndicated" and recent episodes of series. I was hoping this would encourage people new to the forum to explore past episodes of series, while having easy access to the latest episodes. The Miniclip Channel was growing quickly, and subforums within it would streamline the whole operation. Thus, the Miniclip Network.

Except, I made one big mistake that would ruin the whole thing. I created a "contract" system, where writers would have to get the permission of forumers to feature them in their series, and they would have to choose whether to have them on as full-time leads, part-time cast members, or recurring characters. This was intended to create more variety in the forumers who were picked to be cast members in series, but it didn't. It didn't at all. It just discouraged people from writing new series. Those who had already been writing rolled with it, but once their shows ended, once mine ended... we weren't getting new material.

So, how's this time going to be any different?

This time is going to be way different. For starters, it's been at least four years since we've had anything resembling the Miniclip Network. There are far fewer people on these new forums, and all previous series have been lost since the old forums went down. But this was something that was a lot of fun for me, and I think it was a lot of fun for some other writers and readers on the old forums. I think we should give it another shot.

So if you want to write a series, just pitch it. Which is the wrong word, because anybody can write a series, about absolutely anything. But it'd be cool to hear some ideas for new ones! Even if we only get two or three ongoing series, I'd love to read whatever you guys want to write.

That's great and all, but for all your talk are you going to contribute anything?

Yeah! I'm going to write as much as I can, as often as I can. I'm aiming to make my first submission this weekend. Plus, next time I visit my parents, I'm going to dust off the old laptop and email myself all 10 (?) episodes of Rosary Peak, a series that a bunch of us wrote for back in 2010, and I'll post those. Unfortunately, I didn't keep backups of any of the episodes of The MC, my first series that kicked off the Miniclip Channel and Miniclip Network, but oh well.

It is also possible that Dwee has kept backups of the episodes of his series, Arcadia, which was by far the best show on the MCN. If you're seeing this, buddy, please post those!

Are there any guidelines for shows/stories on the Miniclip Network?

Well, forum rules still apply, but aside from that, go crazy! If you can think of a story you want to tell, by all means, tell it. I'm really really excited to see what y'all will come up with.

What'd you think of the teaser trailer for Rogue One?

It was awesome! I can't wait for December.

Dear Miniclip.

I don't want to tell anything about this update (you've been great by the way all this years). I wan't to ask you something for agar.io. Can you put one, just extension available again? it's called agarplus.io, and it's mostly about the teamers so they can meatup easilly and recongnize each other. Please if you can, put it back on. It doesn't bring any advantages to players.
    Full of love,
    Alex

P.S. : Thanks for all these awesome games! I always enjoy playing them

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous:121956
      Dear Miniclip.

I don't want to tell anything about this update (you've been great by the way all this years). I wan't to ask you something for agar.io. Can you put one, just extension available again? it's called agarplus.io, and it's mostly about the teamers so they can meatup easilly and recongnize each other. Please if you can, put it back on. It doesn't bring any advantages to players.
      Full of love,
      Alex

P.S. : Thanks for all these awesome games! I always enjoy playing them
      Three things.

1) I think you might have posted this in completely the wrong place
      2) I didn't know Guest accounts actually existed on these forums lol
      3) I'm unaware of anyone who actually works for Miniclip who is an active member of these forums, although please correct me if I'm wrong.
      Every day above ground is a good day.

Comment

Working...
      X