Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to vBulletin 5 - Progress Tracker

Hi folks,

I'm pleased to announce that we will be upgrading to vBulletin 5 very shortly. Dalton and myself are in touch with a former vBulletin developer (who also helped with the initial transfer to vBulletin last summer) and he is going to upgrade our software to the newest version of vBulletin. Once complete, we expect this to put an end to our problems with bots.

Hopefully this upgrade won't cause too much disruption, however its possible that we may lose our Miniclip theme and be reverted to the default vBulletin theme until we've had a chance to rebuild it. Also, vBulletin 5 will look a little bit different from vBulletin 4, so expect a few changes here and there.

In the event that the forum is off-line at all, please don't be concerned. This will just be down to the upgrade in process and we should be up and running again very soon.

Thanks!
    Tetsu

For forum support, drop me a PM, visitor message or post in my NSPM thread..

You can add me on Facebook as well
    http://www.facebook.com/Tetsumonchi

Hi all,

Just a quick update: The developer helping us with the upgrade is from Los Angeles, California in the United States. He has said, time allowing, the upgrade is scheduled to happen around 12:00AM PST. According to the forum clock, this is 9:00AM GMT. As noted above, the forum may be offline briefly during this time.

Thanks for your patience as we complete this important upgrade!

Thanks!
    Dalton
    Last edited by Dalton; 06-02-18, 01:56 AM.
    DALTON // 2006
    Need Help? Send me a Private Message!

Comment

Upgrade to vBulletin 5 is complete but as suspected, most customizations, such as the Miniclip theme, have been lost.

Please bare with us as we spend the next few days getting everything back in order. If you notice any problems, or anything broken or missing, please report it here and we'll add it to our to-do list of things to sort (I know about the smilies ect).

For forum support, drop me a PM, visitor message or post in my NSPM thread..

You can add me on Facebook as well
      http://www.facebook.com/Tetsumonchi

Comment

Hi everyone,

We greatly appreciate your patience and feedback as we continue to restore the forum back to normal use. Moving forward, we'll post updates here regarding the status of the upgrade.
        DALTON // 2006

Comment

Forum images, icons, sprites, and other graphics have been reinstalled. This does not include smilies and emoji's.
          DALTON // 2006

Comment

Forum icons correctly reflect new or old posts in a particular category.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_243.png
Views:	1
Size:	685 Bytes
ID:	135873
            Indicates new posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_246.png
Views:	1
Size:	702 Bytes
ID:	135959
            Indicates old posts

Since the upgrade, all categories may appear as "new" or unread posts. To mark all forums as read, scroll down to the bottom and right above the "What's Going On Box" you can select "Mark Channel's Read"
            Last edited by Dalton; 11-02-18, 03:43 AM.
            DALTON // 2006

Comment

Users who have previously reported being unable to post in the "News and Announcements" forum and "Posting Games" forum should now be able to do so.
              DALTON // 2006

Comment

Users who previously weren't able to enhance their text with alignment, colors, and formatting should now be able to do so. Click the "A" in the top right-hand corner when typing a new post to be presented with several different options.
                DALTON // 2006

Comment

All smilies and emoji's have been restored. When posting, click the happy face in the upper right-hand corner to select one.
                  DALTON // 2006

Comment

Users have reported that "topic icons" have been missing, and that they also weren't able to select any when making a new topic due to a 404 error. Icons have been restored and should not only appear throughout the entire forum where they've been placed next to a threads title, but also are now available for selection when creating a new thread.

DALTON // 2006

Comment

Users who were unable to post in the Insane Super Crazy Fun Zone forum should now be able to do so.
                      DALTON // 2006

Comment

Working...
                      X